Thursday, March 10, 2011

What will be my first attempt at furniture re-finishing..

I have been peeping around blogland and have been introduced to the world of re-finishing furniture, so I have decided to dive in and join the re-finishing club. I found this solid wood desk on Craigs List for $40...


I love the hardware on this desk, so I will be keeping the hardware. I am going to paint the bottom no other color than - light greenm then do some glazing. I am going to stain the top a dark walnut-ish color. The previous owners spray painted the entire desk and I am not sure what look they were going for, but the finish is pretty bad! And I have no clue why, but they put some sort of flimsy plywood on 2 of the drawer fronts... I ripped that mess off before we even left their house, as you can see above. :)

I will probably start on this project this weekend. This may be my first and last attempt at re-finishing depending on if it ends up being a horror story or not... let's hope that is not the case though. :)

If all goes well, the desk will be making its debut in our home office area. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment